Once you’ve picked your dress, done your fittings, and chosen the accessories, it’s time to plan the final part of your bridal look: The Beauty Plan. This includes your hair, face and nails. There are several options and plenty of tips no matter what route you take, but whether you are going for everyday effortless or full glam, you will want a plan.
Consider the following:
1 | STYLE
- Is the style you have in mind simple or more ornate?
- Do you have a specific look in mind, or would you like someone else to help you create something?
- Do you have any hairpieces you’d like to incorporate, like a veil or other adornment?
- Are you planning to wear false lashes?
- Do you need any tattoos covered?
2 | TIME
- What time are your first look/before-ceremony photos/ceremony?
- What else do you want to do besides getting ready before the event?
- How long do you anticipate your look taking?
- How much time can you can set aside for the execution of your Beauty Plan based on the other items that need to take place before the event?
3 | COMPANY
- Would you like to get ready alone?
- With women in your family?
- What are their schedules?
- How many stylists will be needed to take care of everyone in time?
4 | BUDGET
- How much do you want to spend on the execution of your Beauty Plan?
(Consider that some stylists will be more expensive than others.)
- Would you like a full-service stylist or specific stylists for each task?
Based on your answers, choose a route that works best.
HIRE A STYLIST
There are many stylists who are willing to come to you. There are full-service stylists who will take care of everything from your hair, nails, and face, to tattoo-coverings and veil placement. Some of these stylists are willing to execute your look and any others’ getting ready with you, while some will prefer to take care of you exclusively. You can also hire a specific stylist for your hair, another for your makeup, and so on. Hiring a stylist can make you feel pampered and take the burden off you completely. You can get ready in the comfort of your home with others if you like, and your photographer can capture this part of your day easily. If you have a larger budget, plenty of time, and a specific look in mind, hiring a stylist can be a great option!
BOOK A SALON APPOINTMENT
Many salons are also full-service, so you can book a time slot to get your hair, face, and nails all done by stylists in one place. You can also book appointments for those you want with you. This is not as effortless as being at home, but can still make you feel pampered and cared for. Again, if you have the time and budget, and a desired look you want help to achieve, this may be the best choice for you!
ASK A FRIEND
Perhaps you have a very capable friend who is a stylist, or perhaps you have a simpler look in mind, and want to keep the getting ready process more intimate. Asking a friend to help with hair, makeup, and nails can be so memorable and rewarding. It can also be kind on the budget!
You can always do things yourself! If you feel confident you can achieve the look you want with very little stress, go for it! This is definitely the most cost-effective option. Keep your timetable in mind, and don’t overburden yourself on your special day. Choose this option if you love pampering yourself, and feel this will be a fun and low-key part of your day.
When it comes to looking your best for yourself, your groom, and your guests, you have plenty of options. Assess your needs, then make your Beauty Plan based on what will be the most effortless, fun, and memorable for you. You can choose any of these options or mix and match.
Like the other parts of your wedding day, this time should be special not stressful! Wishing all you brides-to-be a wedding day beauty ritual that makes you feel loved, pampered, and gorgeous!